Through encouragement from my friend and brother-in-Christ Jim Dale, I’ve entered Mayo Clinic’s Social Media Patient/Caregiver Scholarship by submitting an essay on the role social media has played in my cancer storm and my resulting ministry outreach to others with cancer. Mayo will be selecting three of those who submitted essays and bringing their authors to Mayo’s Social Media Conference the end of October in Minneapolis. At the conference, in addition to benefiting from the incredible learning available there on how to reach out and help others through social media, the three folks chosen will be giving an address to those at the conference. I would just love to tell people at the conference how God has used social media to share His message that Jesus loves people with cancer, especially women with breast cancer.
You can help advance my cancer outreach ministry and the chances of my essay being selected by these simple steps:
- Click on Mayo Social Media Registration.
- You’ll need to register but it takes just a moment — honest!
- Go to the essays and scroll to July 15, the date I posted my essay, then scroll down until you find my name. Or once you are registered, you can go directly to my essay by clicking here: Rev. Cathie’s Social Media Essay.
- After reading my essay, please “Like” and add a “comment”. The three essay winners will be judged not only on the content of the essay but also how many “likes” and “comments” they receive.
- You may also “share” this on your Facebook page!
Social Media is an important tool in the hand of God to further His message of love in today’s world. I want to make that message known. Let’s take it to the ends of the earth — and if Mayo’s Social Media Conference can help accomplish that Kingdom purpose, then let’s be a part of what God wants to do!
Thanks and love, Rev. Cathie+