Sanctity of Life is a big, important topic for me.
- I am Pro-Life because God alone is the Giver of Life.
- I am Pro-Life because human beings are created in the image of God (Genesis 1:27), therefore life is sacred from conception to natural death.
- I am Pro-Life because Jesus Christ took on human nature, was conceived in a womb and born of a woman.
- I am Pro-Life because I am a Christ-Follower.
- I am Pro-Life because as a cancer sufferer, I faced death and have chosen life.
- I am Pro-Life because as a cancer care minister, I stand alongside those who choose life every day.
- I am Pro-Life because as a pastor, I am privileged to help people live well and I carry the responsibility to help people die well.
Sunday, January 24 was “Sanctity of Life Sunday” at my church. We had a representative from Students for Life visit us and give her testimony at our morning worship services. We held a diaper drive for both babies and adults to benefit the needy. We hosted an afternoon Memorial Service for Children Lost to Early Death where 19 babies were lifted up to the Lord’s care — those lost to miscarriage, stillbirth, abortion, SIDS, illness or accident.
And I preached in three morning services on life from conception to natural death.
To listen to a podcast of my sermon Value of One: The Sanctity of Life, go to http://www.stjamesnb.org/sermons-media/and click on the sermon by that title dated January 24.
To read a manuscript of the sermon, please email me at email@example.com and I will send you a copy of the text.
Blesings to you!
For more information on Life, go to Anglicans for Life the pro-life ministry of the Anglican Church of North America (ACNA), an organization I am honored to serve as a member of their national board of directors.